Set List / Repertoire
Main Set List
I Wanna Be Like You (King Of The Swingers) - Louis Prima
Pencil Full Of Lead - Paolo Nutini
One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer - Amos Milburn
Night Train - Jimmy Forrest
This Ol' House - Brian Setzer Orchestra
Route 66 – Nat King Cole
Grandma Plays The Numbers – Wynonie Harris
Caledonia – Louis Jordan
Reet Petite – Jackie Wilson
Pennies From Heaven – Bing Crosby/Louis Armstrong
I Like My Baby’s Puddin’ – Wynonie Harris
Stray Cat Strut (Pink Panther Theme) – Brian Setzer Orchestra
Flip Flop Fly – Joe Turner
Jump Jive and Wail – Brian Setzer Orchestra
Straighten Up And Fly Right – Nat King Cole
Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens – Louis Jordan
Jack You’re Dead – Louis Jordan
Shakin’ Mother For Ya – Champion Jack Dupree
Five Guys Named Moe – Louis Jordan
Earth Angel – The Penguins
In The Mood – Glenn Miller
Choo Choo Cha Boogie – Louis Jordan
Reet Petite & Gone – Louis Jordan
Saturday Night Fish Fry – Louis Jordan
Blood Shot Eyes – Wynonie Harris
Buona Sera / Marie Marie – Louis Prima
Ain’t Misbehavin’ – Fats Waller
Going Back To Louisiana – Delbert McClinton
Boogie All Night – Alvin Lee
Let The Good Times Roll – Louis Jordan
This Boy – The Beatles
Tuxedo Junction – Manhattan Transfer
Summertime – Billie Holiday
Paper Moon – Ella Fitzgerald
Sleep Walk – Santo & Johnny
Night and Day – Frank Sinatra
The Dirty Boogie - Brian Setzer Orchestra
This Cat Is On A Hot Tin Roof – Brian Setzer Orchestra
Minnie The Moocher – Cab Calloway
Night and Day – Frank Sinatra
Ride, Daddy, Ride - Fats Noel
Big Ten Inch - Bull Moose Jackson
It Ain't The Meat - The Swallows
Rock n Roll and Funk Set
Night Train – James Brown
Hard To Handle – Otis Redding
Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
Long Train Running – The Doobie Brothers
Why Did You Do It – Stretch
Cissy Strut – The Meters
Chicken Strut – The Meters
Johnny B. Goode – Chuck Berry
I Saw Her Standing There – The Beatles
My Girl – The Temptations
Good Golly Miss Molly – Little Richard
Mess Around – Ray Charles
Shake Rattle and Roll – Joe Turner
Twenty Flight Rock – Eddie Cochran
Rock Around The Clock – Bill Haley and the Comets
Blue Suede Shoes – Elvis Presley
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Frosty The Snowman
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas
Let It Snow
18 Customer Reviews
Default lineup: 5 members
Standard 5 Piece: Mark Churchward - Lead Vocals, Trumpet and Shiny Spoons! Nick Browne - Saxophones (soprano, Alto, Tenor and Baritone) and backing vocals; Nick Harrington - Drums and Backing Vocals; Chris Cassar - Double Bass, Electric Bass and Backing Vocals; Ben Green - Guitar & Backing Vocals
Jazz Band (2-5 Piece): available as a duo (vocals and acoustic guitar), trio (vocals, acoustic guitar, double bass or saxophone) quartet (vocals, acoustic guitar, double bass and saxophone) or same line-up as standard 5 piece above playing quiet jazz sets.
* 5 piece Jump Jive and Swing band with male vocals.
* Also play slow jazz standards, groovy funk, classic rock and roll and up-tempo ska tunes.
* An established group of experienced musicians celebrating songs that infuse cheeky good humour with a driving musical energy.
*Sharp on-stage presentation and performances ensure that they never fail to liven up any event.
* Performed at many high-profile celebrity events such as An Evening With Arnold Schwarzenegger hosted by Jonathan Ross, Kelly Brook's Birthday Party and Sir Bobby Charlton.
* Many years' experience of performing at weddings, corporate events, parties and festivals throughout UK and worldwide.
* Fully self-contained with top-quality professional PA system and lights as standard
* Very adept at not being overly-loud - ideal for many venues that have audio sound limiters and volume restrictions.
* Music provided between sets free of charge
* Available as smaller jazz band line-ups, ranging from 2 piece through to 5 piece.
* Available throughout the UK and internationally.
Formed from their passion of western swing jive and jump blues music and heavily influenced by Louis Jordan, Wynonie Harris and Bob Wills, The Swing Cats have performed their musical mix to weddings, festivals and corporate events and have been featured in live session on BBC Radio.
Notable performances include:
* An Evening with Arnold Schwarzenegger - a black tie event with Jonathan Ross interviewing. The Swing Cats were the chosen band to entertain the guests before and after the interview. (2014)
* Kelly Brook's birthday at her London club Steam & Rye. Kelly posted a subsequent message to the band on Twitter You guys were great!! Thank you so much x (2013)
* Sir Bobby Charlton at his Find A Better Way Charity Gala event, London (2014)
* The Royal Albert Hall, Ignite Season at Cafe Consort. (2013)
* Private corporate event held by Rolex, consisting of top professional golfers during the British Open (2011). Tom Watson, one of the worlds top golfing legends, subsequently approached the band to congratulate them on their performance.
* Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) BBQ Dinner and Dance, Stavanger, Norway. (2012 and 2013)
* St. James' Place Wealth Management Group (2014)
* Bond Street Association, Bond Street, London (2012)
* The Shard, (Tallest building in the E.U.) London Bridge, London (2011)
* The London Marathon, (playing along the main route) London (2011)
* The Centenary Pavilion at Leeds United Football Club (2014)
* InterContinental Hotel, Westminster, London (2013)
* Pfizer pharmaceutical company, Kent (2009)
* The Gulbenkian Theatre, Canterbury (2013-2014)
* Marlowe Theatre, Canterbury (2011)
* Woodville Halls Theatre, Gravesend (2009)
* Lounge on The Farm, Canterbury (2008)
* Tentertainment, Tenterden, Kent (2011)
* Gravesham Big Day Out Festival, Gravesend (2009)
* Pizza Express Jazz Club, Dean Street, Soho, London (2013)
* Pizza Express, Maidstone (2011 - 2014)
* The Pheasantry, London (2013 - 2014)
* Floridita, Soho, London (2013 - 2014)
* The Rivoli Ballroom, London (2014)
* Live on BBC Radio Kent (2009) and (2013)
The Swing Cats are a five-piece band from Kent that consist of Mark Churchward on vocals, harmonica and trumpet; Nick Browne on saxophone; Chris Cassar on bass; Nick Harrington on drums and Ben Green on guitar.
The Swing Cats have also released two full studio albums - Chicken Skin Swing containing 16 swing and jive tracks and Ride Daddy Ride containing a further 14 high-quality swing and jive songs. The highly-respected roots and country magazine Maverick Music reviewed the Chicken Skin Swing album as not only sublime but a professional and enjoyable experience. The review concludes by saying With this their sixteen track album which has no hint of amateur efforts about it whatsoever this band is one that as long as they keep gigging and playing material like this than stardom and further success will not be too far around the corner.