Default lineup: 13 members
13-Piece Band: 2 x female vocals, 1 x male vocals, piano, bass, drums, percussion, keyboard, tenor sax, baritone sax, alto sax, trumpet x2, backing vocals provided by instrumentalists.
* 10-Piece band also available (please see booking options).
* Outstanding 13-piece party band featuring sensational female vocals, four-piece horn section and backing vocals.
* Additional male and female vocals, percussion and baritone saxophone can be added for an even greater sound.
* Performing a huge range of repertoire from the Soul, Disco and Motown eras, guaranteed to fill your dancefloor.
* Songs from the likes of Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Jackson 5, Chaka Khan, Amy Winehouse and many more.
* Fully self-contained for all events, with high quality stage lighting and sound system. A deluxe sound and lighting package is available on request.
*Available throughout the UK and internationally.
Please note; The Soul Set use two lead vocalists (please see videos). Requests for a specific vocalist can be made but may not always be fulfilled due to availability
The Soul Set is a sensational party band that provides fantastic dancing music for any wedding reception, corporate event or party. Fronted by female and male vocals, this 13-piece band features both backing vocals and a 5-piece horn section for maximum impact!
The Soul Set’s carefully chosen set list draws on music from the 1960s up to the present day. They perform Motown classics from Aretha Franklin, and Martha Reeves and the Vandellas, funk and soul classics from the likes of Stevie Wonder and The Jackson 5, disco classics from CeCe Pensiton and Chaka Khan, alongside modern day hits from Jamiroquai and Amy Winehouse.
With an unrivalled sound and sensational performance, The Soul Set is guaranteed to transform the atmosphere of your event.
The Soul Set are a group of nine professional musicians who have been regularly performing together since 2005. Members of the band have appeared at the North Sea Jazz Festival, on BBC television, and are regularly employed for session work throughout the UK - having featured alongside artists as diverse as Elton John, KT Tunstall, Fyfe Dangerfield, Jon Allen, Michael Ball, Mica Paris, Fran Healy, Craig David, Tony Hadley, Marti Pellow, Il Divo, Suzi Quatro, M83, Russell Watson and Barbara Windsor.
The individual musicians also have a wealth of experience in other fields of music including composition, teaching, musical direction, session work, sound engineering and events management.
The Soul Set regularly perform at corporate events and private functions all over the country, with previous clients including Virgin, BMW, Lindt Chocolate, Triump, E-On UK and T-Mobile.
They have performed at venues including Wembley Stadium, Claridge's the V&A and Excel London - and definitely know how to get the party started!
Deluxe sound & lighting package
Highly recommended for events with more than 250 guests, essential for events with more than 500 guests.
The Soul Set now offers upgraded technical packages to cater for larger events:
- 6kW PA system suitable for audiences from 250 to 1000+
- Sound engineer
- Additional lighting and effects
Please ask your agent for more information and prices.
Please note: Due to availability or illness, deputy musicians of very a high professional standard may sometimes be used.