Default lineup: 2 members
Duo (Standard): Guitar, Guitar
Trio: Guitar, Guitar; plus add one of Double Bass/Trumpet (multi-instrumentalist); Clarinet/Sax; Violin
Quartet: Guitar, Guitar; plus add two of Double Bass; Trumpet; Clarinet/Sax; Violin
Quintet: Guitar, Guitar & Double Bass; plus add two from Trumpet; Clarinet/Sax; Violin; Percussion
* An eclectic mix of instrumental music - from the evocative Parisian Café gypsy hotclub of Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli, to Spanish and flamenco inspired material of Paco de Lucia, plus arrangements of jazz and classical standards and intriguing contemporary originals.
* Popular as a duo (two guitars) and trio (two guitars with Double Bass, Trumpet, Clarinet or Violin), up to seven musicians.
* Recent bookings include performances at the Palais des Festivales in Cannes, France; Le Manoir Aux Quat' Saisons; Blenheim Palace; Highclere Castle; The Royal College of Art; Holland Park Orangery; Cafe de Paris; ExCeL London; Il Bottaccio and the Grosvenor House Hotel.
* Highly Recommended for drinks receptions, wedding ceremonies, wedding breakfasts, or simply adding a sophisticated and exciting youthful touch to corporate events - a blend of both lively and laid back material.
* Inclusive use of a high-quality Mackie sound system
* Recently performed on BBC1's Politics Show, a live session for Jazz FM, and their new recording for EMI Production Music being featured on BBC TV's 'A Cook Abroad', with Rick Stein.
Sin Compás draw from the musicians of the critically acclaimed TG Collective who have received a string of fine reviews for their appearances at the Cheltenham and Manchester Jazz Festivals, BBC Radio and TV, National Theatre, South Bank Centre and Royal Albert Hall, to tours around the UK's theatres, festivals, concert halls and arts centres.
Stylish, very stylish .... THE TIMES ****
A triumph... THE SUNDAY TIMES ****
Bold, expressive playing that's liberatingly inventive... SONGLINES ****
As refreshing as it is infectious... JAZZWISE ***
Dazzling dynamic... THE METRO *****
Their music brings a classy and youthful edge to the traditional gypsy jazz of Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli, alongside lighter arrangements based around jazz standards and classical pieces, with a further dimension bringing the more upbeat and expressive Spanish and flamenco inspired music.
Centred around the two guitars of Sam and Jamie, the group can expand to include Double Bass, Clarinet, Flute, Violin, Trumpet and Cajon/Percussion. Touching on the influences of such varied artists as Paco de Lucia, Django Reinhardt, JS Bach and Horace Silver, the group can also perform the own music and arrangements, moving through jazz, gypsy, hotclub, flamenco, film and contemporary classical influences.
Sin Compás are popular as a duo or trio for weddings, drinks receptions, private bookings and corporate events, with the trio featuring multi-instrumentalist Percy on Double Bass and Trumpet, who has performed with a range of popular artists, from Jamie Cullum to Elbow.
Performances can be easily adjustable, with two longer sets or three to four shorter sets, flexibly based around two hours playing. A high quality Mackie PA system is included, suitable for small to medium sized venues. Background music in a similar style can be played between sets, or pop your iPod through their PA during breaks!
Recent bookings have taken Sin Compás to Barcelona and Cannes, The Palais des Festivales, Le Manoir Aux Quat' Saisons, Blenheim Palace, Highclere Castle, The Royal College of Art, Holland Park Orangery, Cafe de Paris, The Grosvenor House Hotel and Il Bottaccio in Mayfair, in additional to many small and intimate wedding and private performances.
Recent clients have included MIPIM, Vodafone, BBC, RBS, The Royal Show, Firmdale Hotels, Epsom Races Ladies Day, Hotel du Vin, The National Gallery, Mercer, Glencore UK, The National Trust and Toyota.