Default lineup: 5 members
5 Piece Band: Male Vocals/Keyboards and Trumpet, Lead Guitar/Backing Vocals, Rhythm Guitar/Backing Vocals, Bass Guitar and Drums.
* Book Shine On within 7 days of making your initial enquiry and receive their DJ Service free of charge! For more information see booking options or speak to an Alive Network booking agent.
* Professional, fun and friendly band perfect for kick starting your party!
* Exciting and energetic repertoire including Indie anthems from bands like Oasis, Blink 182, Arctic Monkeys and The Killers, Modern Pop Hits from Bruno Mars and Taylor Swift and classic oldies from The Jam, Stevie Wonder and The Beatles.
* Create your perfect party playlist by selecting from our wide ranging repertoire!
* Same line up for over 8 years for unrivalled on-stage chemistry and experience of reading what your party needs.
* Dynamic sound with two guitars, keyboard and trumpet and no backing tracks!
* Members possess a wealth of experience in live performance, festivals, and TV work performing alongside artists such as Robbie Williams and Olly Murs.
* Previous clients include John Lewis, Indesit, Lego, M&S and ASOS
* Song requests welcome including FREE first dance (4 weeks notice required)!
* DJ Service, Acoustic Duo and Solo Pianist options available (see booking options)
If you're looking for a professional, fun & energetic party band for your wedding or function, then look no further! Shine On will have your guests jumping up & down & singing along to their exciting live sets which includes the very best indie, rock and pop classics from diverse artists such as Oasis, The Killers, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Foo Fighters and many more. With a wide repertoire and over 8 years playing with this line up they have the experience and on-stage chemistry to make your evening truly memorable.
This Brighton based 5-piece are a talented with a wealth of experience in live performance, festivals, industry showcases, radio and TV work.
Highly experienced in entertaining crowds with their live performances and committed to providing a professional and flexible service, Shine On will do whatever they can to make your wedding or event a total success. They think your wedding or party should be exactly as you want it, so if you have one or two particular songs which you would like them to play, they are happy to learn them to make your day extra special!
Shine On usually play 2 x 60 minute sets but this can be split into 3 x 40 minutes if preferred.
When the band are not playing they can provide a DJ Service to keep your party atmosphere rocking between their live sets. The service includes a laptop with DJ software and hundreds of dance floor fillers, manned by a band member at all times, taking requests and making basic announcements if required.
What Will The Band Look Like?
Shine On can tailor their look to suit your needs on the night. For corporate events they can dress formally, suited and booted and for less formal events they can dress more casually if you prefer. Just specify to your booking agent your requirements and the band will meet your needs!
About The Band
Shine On met whilst studying at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music (BIMM). This has instilled in all the members a professional and committed attitude towards live music. The band have varied musical experience and influences.
Drummer Robbie has been playing drums for 16 years, starting with rock bands in Worcestershire. After moving to Brighton he completed a degree in Music and became a full time musician and drum tutor. As well as rocking out with Shine On, Robbie also enjoys playing funk and hip-hop.
Brothers Jon and Mike both moved to Brighton in 2008 after growing up between Scotland and Canada. Mike started learning guitar at the age of 14 and has recently completed his degree course in Music. His varied musical taste includes Foo Fighters, Muse and Dire Straights. Both brothers are accomplished musicians and swap around instruments during sets as well as singing backing vocals. Jon admires a range of bass players including Nathan East (Eric Clapton) and Mo-Town's James Jameson. He has played with a wide variety of acts over the years, everything from reggae to metal. His commitment to music also saw him busking on a balcony for 8 hours.
Singer Ian has sung and played piano since the age of 6. He gave up a career in Pharmaceuticals to pursue music professionally and teaches piano locally. Ian has played piano on ITV's 'The X Factor' and has performed on TV adverts and at The Edinburgh Fringe with professional choir Blossom Street.
Andi has been playing guitar for over 10 years and, after moving to Brighton to complete a music degree, he joined Shine On in the summer of 2010. Andi has played in numerous original bands and is experienced in performing a wide variety of musical styles. Some of his favourite bands/artists are Explosions in The Sky, Bon Iver, Deerhunter, Burial and Band of Horses. Amongst his favourite guitarists are Johnny Marr, Jonny Greenwood, Graham Coxon and anyone who can make an sweet-sounding racket.