BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
- OUR INCLUDED COVID COVER
Secure your 2022 / 2023 booking before the 31st July 2022, and if Covid affects your event plans, we will offer 100% deposit credit to be used against new bookings.
Set List / Repertoire
As all of our music was written over 400 years ago, listing the original performing artist is a difficult one! Music could include:
- Selections of medieval tunes from the 12th-15th centuries
- Music composed by King Henry VIII such as Pastime with Good Company and Hellas Madame
- Dances from Playfords Dancing Master (1651)
- Selection of pieces by composers such as William Byrd, Michael Praetorius and other Renaissance composers whose names may now be lost ("anon").
- we perform on a variety of instruments too, including bagpips, shawms, recorders, renaissance guitar, crumhorn and more!
5 Customer Reviews
Default lineup: 3 members
Trio includes: Recorders, Crumhorns, Shawms, Bagpipes, Tin Whistle, Rauschpfieffe, Renaissance Guitar, Gittern and Drums.
* Historic music and dance covering medieval, Tudor and English Civil War periods
* Performed in costume on authentic instruments of the day
* Flexible performance style – can wander as minstrels or offer static performances and concerts
* Interactive approach to music – encouraging the audience/guests to take part
* Suitable for all ages
* Public liability insurance through The Musicians Union
* Enhanced CRB status
Cantiga perform historic music and dance from Mediaeval, Tudor and English Civil War periods. With flexible performance styles, the trio can wander around your event as minstrels or can provide static performances and concerts.
With a professional, friendly and interactive approach to all events, Cantiga dress in authentic costume and encourage their audience to take part in their performances!
Barry – over 30 years experience in the music industry, qualified and experienced trumpeter, conductor, performer and teacher, qualified psychotherapist.
Sue – 14 years experience in the heritage industry as a museum learning professional – teaching children of all ages, experienced multi-instrumentalist and tutor of brass and recorders.
Rod – ex-Head Forester with the National Trust, excitable drummer!
What People Have Said:
"Cantiga are an excellent period musical troupe promoting interactivity, fun and historical atmosphere. I have worked with Sue and Barry for over 4 years and their vast experience and expertise has brought a wealth of benefits to both our period events and formal learning programs. Their versatiliy, creativity and humour guarantees a five star service. I cannot recommend them enough!"
- Kirsty Sherwood, Events Officer, Tamworth Castle
"It's been my pleasure to use Cantiga at the Robin Hood Pageant for many years now. They provide a tireless service and add atmosphere and colour to proceedings. It wouldn't be the same without them."
- Richard Buxton, Events Officer, Nottingham City Council
Previous venues/clients include:
The National Trust
Historic Royal Palaces
Nottingham Castle – Nottingham City Council
Tamworth Castle – Staffordshire Council
The White House, Cheam
Peckforton Castle, Cheshire
St Johns & Market Place Museum, Warwickshire Museum Service
The Commandery – Museums Worcestershire
Worcester Live, Worcester
Cheltenham City Council
Various private wedding clients