Default lineup: 1 performer
*Duo/Trio/Quartet/Quintet also available (please see booking options).
* Previous clients include Irish President Mary McAleese, Princess Anne, Guy Ritchie & Sting!
* Festival & TV appearances including Glastonbury & USA's The Late Late Show, as well as performing alongside Jools Holland, The Proclaimers & more!
* Also available as a Duo, Trio, Quartet & Quintet (please see booking options).
"…intriguing tapestry…beautiful harmony and cosmopolitan taste." - Irish Times
Originally from Ireland, Accordionist Cailin performs a varied repertoire including traditional Celtic, Irish, Scottish, French, Italian, Eastern European, Russian and South American songs.
Born in the highly musical area of Sliabh Luachra in Co. Kerry, she took her first piano accordion lesson at the age of 5 and had won two All-Ireland titles by the age of 18.
"Cailin is one of the best at coaxing genuine sounds from the stomach Steinway, a sterling musician.” - Irish Voice New York
Career highlights include:
- Performing for Irish President Mary McAleese and the Latvian President at Dublin Castle and for Princess Anne at the Guildhall and at Kensington Palace.
- Being one of 14 handpicked instrumentalists and singers chosen to participate in Liverpool Philharmonic Hall’s first “Irish Sea Sessions” which also featured Dublin’s luminary singer songwriter Damien Dempsey.
- Festival appearances including Glastonbury, Celtic Colours Canada, Celtic Connections Glasgow, HebCelt, Wickham, Milwaukee USA, Lorient Interceltique Brittany, Orkney, Copenhagen, Tonder Denmark, Highlands and Islands, Lovebox, Tate Modern, Wychwood, Return to Camden, From the Heart Barbican, Wimborne, Blas, Moseley, Devizes, Towersey and Trowbridge Festivals.
- Sharing festival billings with Jools Holland, The Chieftains, Maire Ni Bhraonain (Clannad), The Proclaimers, Luka Bloom, Brian Kennedy, Paul Brady, Mary Coughlan and many more.
- Featuring on numerous TV programmes, BBC Alba’s “Horo Geallaidh”, UTV’s “Kelly Show”, RTE’s “The Late Late Show”, “Mary Kennedy Show” and “The High Reel”, TG4's “Ionad Cois Locha” and “Sult”, the latter a collaborative project with Donal Lunny (Bothy Band, Moving Hearts).
- Her albums being aired on RTE Radio, BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 3, Lyric FM, as well as countless regional BBC and radio stations throughout the USA.
- She is also in demand as a studio musician having recorded on albums with Wolfstone, Maire Breatnach, Mark Nevin (Fairground Attraction) and Russian legend Boris Grebenshikov.
In addition to public performances, Cailin has entertained at countless corporate and private events over the last decade. Amongst her many clients are Sting, Jamie Oliver, Antonio Carluccio, Guy Ritchie and Thandie Newton.
Cailin can also perform as a Duo, Trio, Quartet or Quintet - with combinations of Guitar, Violin, Banjo, Percussion & Bass! (please see booking options)