Default lineup: 3 members
3 piece band: guitar/vocals, double bass/vocals, percussion/vocals.
Más Y Más are an acoustic power trio. Sung in Spanish their songs of fiesta, love and unity are an irresistible meeting of Latino Flamenco and Afro-Cuban influences woven together by driving dance rhythms. Great for dancing, this music brings people of all ages and backgrounds together to share in joy and alegria!
Now in their Thirteenth year together this union of three experienced and well-respected musicians has played to enthusiastic audiences all over the world.Más Y Más raise the temperature wherever they play.
"They are proper musicians in that they have been charming their instruments for years - long enough to embrace the audience in the splendour and mystery that this level of accomplishment can provide"
"Mas Y Mas were friendly & professional from first contact. The performance was exactly what we hoped for and more & more. They created a fantastic atmosphere from mellow laid back sounds to a rousing passionate performance that got everyone on the dance floor. Thanks guys! I wouldn't hesitiate to recommend them to anyone."
Más Y Más have had many years of playing both at internationally acclaimed music venues festivals arts theatres promotions private functions weddings and corporate events.
A Great Dance Band!
Más Y Más are listed under 'Latin and Salsa' and their music is great for dancing to but you don't NEED to or HAVE to be able to dance salsa to dance to Más Y Más! People do dance Salsa to the music of Más Y Más but a lot of the songs are arranged to be more accessible to people who may not have had salsa lessons or who just want to do their own thing! Corporate clients have included:
Lloyds of London
The Royal Airforce
Nellie Shepherd Events ManagementPerformance CV.
Over the last 13 years Más Y Más have developed an enviable international reputation playing at:
The Gaitey Theatre -
Lillies Bordello -
The Empire -
Belfast Northern Ireland
The Lobby -
Café Central -
The Cork Jazz Festival -
Rainforest World Music Festival -
K.L. Tower -
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Wan Ho Grand Hotel -
Wen Zhou China
National Theatre -
London United Kingdom (annually for 7 years)
Beverley Festival -
Towersey Festival -
Whitby Musicport -
Holmfirth Festival -
The Tall ships Festival -
The Junction Festival -
Fresa Y Chocolate -
The Green Note Cafe -
Simpson's on the Strand -
The Nottingham Contemporary -
Nottingham (Monthly residency)The Band
Rikki Thomas-Martinez - Guitarist Lead Vocalist and Songwriter:
From Anglo-Spanish origins Cross-cultural musical traveller Rikki Thomas-Martínez has moved with his Spanish guitar within the sonic worlds of Latin Flamenco Asian and western music and now sets Más Y Más ablaze with a uniquely hot flavoured style. Half Spanish and half Welsh he writes and sings in Spanish English and French. – Taught and mentored by El Entri one of Spain’s greatest Flamenco Guitar masters, Rikki Thomas-Martinez has brought his very Spanish/Latin musical influences to Más Y Más. He has suffused them with the sensibilities of a songwriter brought up on a diet of Marley, Dylan and other English-speaking writers. This is not fusion music. It is original music from bred from a man with a Mestizo heart.Wayne D. Evans - Double Bassist and Vocalist:
Wayne D. Evans brings to the double bass a fiery musical talent and passion for the low end of the sound rainbow. He has woven a compelling and driving style on his old brown wooden instrument, soaring vocals and original songs.Richard Kensington - Percussion and Vocals:
Conguero Richard Kensington keeps the floor heaving with his relentless rhythmic charge. Having developed a unique style combining congas, bass drum, Cajon and clave, he uses this massive percussion sound to drive the music of Más Y Más.Why have people hired Más Y Más?
• To have an internationally acclaimed, world-class original band at their function.
• For their consummate professionalism.
• For their irresistible music that appeals to people of all ages and cultures.
• For their ability to go from providing atmospheric background music to bring down the house and getting everyone on their feet dancing.
• For their sharp and vibrant costumes and stage appearance.
• For their musical and logistical adaptability to the requirements of the event/venue
• For their sensitivity and flexibility to the requirements of the client/event
• For their ability to make people feel happy and create an up- lifting party atmosphere.
• For their total self-containment, being able to provide everything required for their performance i.e. high quality PA, lights, instruments, costumes, background music for all but the biggest concerts.
• For their ability to converse fluently in English, Spanish and French, (and communicate in Italian and Portuguese)Why Más Y Más have been so successful.
• As a trio, Más Y Más provide a cost effective solution to putting on a band. Más Y Más deliver a sound and performance that is much bigger than the sum of it’s parts. They have held and electrified audiences of up to 20,000 all over the world.
• The music is original and with universal appeal. This is not a cover band or a collection of un-connected musicians reading from charts. This is a committed and seasoned band. Más Y Más bring prestige, originality and artistic integrity to wherever they play.
• Más Y Más create an uplifting, happy and exuberant energy. Their music guarantees dancing and merriment as well as being compulsive watching.
• Más Y Más are hard-working and committed and endeavour to perform at the top of their abilities.