Christmas is creeping up on us, so now's the time for Christmas party organisers to start booking the all-important Christmas party entertainment. Alive Network have come up with some snazzy entertainment ideas for a Christmas wedding, private party or corporate event. What are you waiting for? Read on to get inspired!
We hate to mention this, but Christmas is only a few weeks away! So, if you're in charge of the Christmas party entertainment this year (or next!), you'd better get your skates on and decide what you'd like for your Christmas wedding, corporate event or private party. Here are some top Christmas party entertainment ideas from the Alive Network team to help you create your best Christmas event – ever.
Christmas Wedding Entertainment
Entertain your friends and family with wonderful entertainment all day long.
- Start with a classical guitarist playing Christmas hits while your guests arrive at the ceremony. Ideal for any ceremony space, from country church to town hall registry office, and a great way to relax your guests after a long journey.
- Send your relatives into floods of tears with beautiful singing at your wedding or civil partnership ceremony. While you sign the register, a classical singer or solo singer can get your guests into that Christmas spirit with the very best Christmas songs sung live.
- Greet your guests with welcome drinks at your venue and the heart-warming sounds of a Rat Pack singer, crooning all those Christmas hits made famous by Frank, Dino and Sammy. The secret of successful wedding drinks reception entertainment is to keep it subtle, so guests can talk if they wish to, or listen if they don't! For smaller rooms, choose a solo Rat Pack singer with backing tracks, for larger rooms let them bring along the band!
- During your wedding meal, keep the music flowing with a Christmas choir singing traditional carols and songs as well as those cheesy Christmas classics we all love! For gentle background entertainment with oodles of style, choose an ‘a capella’ group, or pack more punch with a full-on gospel choir.
- For your wedding party, go the whole Christmas mile with a top pop and rock function band playing more Christmas pop hits than you can shake a sleighbell at. Or if you think you'll be Christmas'd to the max by this point, a small format wedding party band can keep the dance floor packed with classic tracks that don't mention snow, Santa or reindeer…
Christmas Corporate Event Entertainment
Make your Christmas corporate event stand out from the rest with a touch of entertainment fire, fizz and sparkle!
This year's hottest trends for corporate events have been about seamless merging between decor and event. So, choose Christmas entertainment acts that have tinsel-bright visual or dramatic impact, and be bold with the lighting!
- Set the scene as guests arrive outside your venue with fire and glow performers, weaving shapes and trails of light by spinning fire into the evening's darkness. A show-stopping start to your event that literally lights the way for more to come…
- For daylight arrivals, strolling characters and stilt walkers in winter-themed costume will stand literally heads and shoulders above your entrance door, so much more entertaining than a "This Way" sign!
- Entice guests into your venue with the heady aroma of mulled wine, rich with cinnamon, cloves and maybe a hint of brandy, served from illuminated living tables. Costumed characters serve your guests from the middle of a decorated table that can be matched to your event theme, style or colour scheme.
- Keep the Christmas magic flowing through your corporate event dinner with close-up magicians performing seemingly impossible tricks with cards and everyday objects at your guests' tables. All the skill and entertainment of top TV street magicians, but without the staged set-ups, your guests will be trying to work out 'how did they do that' until next year!
- It's been a long, tough year in business, so treat your corporate event guests to a Christmas party band that really pack a punch. Choose a large format party band complete with punchy horn section, soulful backing singers and even dynamic dancers, for a superb sound and on stage spectacle that's keep your guests’ eyes on the show and their feet on the dance floor.
- If budget allows, add a celebrity performer into the mix. Then create your own event #hashtag for a "Guess who we saw at the ... party last night" buzz on social media, to extend the impact of your event long after the last guest has been poured into a taxi.
Christmas Private Party Entertainment
Give your guests an early Christmas present with the best seasonal entertainment at your Xmas party this year. Mix and match close-up entertainers with lavish spectacles, and add in a little retro fun if the budget allows!
- Start with festive carols sung by professional carol singers as your guests arrive.
- Line the entrance hall with ice sculptures and living statues, that come to life just to serve drinks, and then return to being part of the decor.
- Keep your guests guessing as to what is real - and what is not - with close-up magicians who appear like magic, dazzle your guests with their skills, and melt into the crowd afterward.
- And that waiter who is serving the canapés suddenly seems to want to sing, and isn’t that the waitress joining in too? Surprise singing waiters never fail to entertain, amuse and thrill at a Christmas party.
- For a stylish soundtrack to your drinks reception, recreate the heydays of Las Vegas with a Rat Pack tribute act that look and sound like members of the original trio.
- When it's time to dance, splash out on a great party band playing music from your favourite era, be that a 1950s swing and jive band, a 1960s tribute band, a 1970s disco and funk band, a 1980s soul band, or a large format party band playing everything from The Beatles to the Kings of Leon!
With Alive Network, you can turn your party into the ultimate Christmas event of the year for all your friends. After all, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"!
Alive Network: All Your Christmas Entertainment in One Place
Booking Christmas entertainment from Alive Network couldn't be easier. Click on the links to discover great artists and view their Profiles. Add those you like to your Wish List, or add them direct to your Basket. Check their availability and get an online quote, then click to book your final choices. Job done.
Call the team here at Alive Network for more magical ideas for Christmas entertainment - we've got lots more where these came from!