Default lineup: 4 members
4 Piece Band: Male Vocals/Keyboards and Trumpet, Lead Guitar/Backing Vocals, Bass Guitar and Drums.
Please choose one of the following;
* Book The New Few within 7 days of making your initial enquiry and receive their DJ Service free of charge! For more information see booking options or speak to an Alive Network booking agent.
* Professional, fun and friendly band with a committed attitude to live music!
* Energetic repertoire including cool modern day anthems from bands like Mumford and Sons, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, The Killers to unforgettable oldies from Van Morrison to The Beatles!
* Graduates of the Brighton Institute of Modern Music (BIMM).
* Members possess a wealth of experience in live performance, festivals, industry showcases, radio and TV work!
* Song requests welcome including first dance (4 weeks notice required)!
* Acoustic duo also available for sets earlier in the day (see booking options)!
* DJ Service available (see booking options)!
Fun, energetic and entertaining, The New Few are a party band whose exciting live sets include material from artists like Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, The Smiths, The Stone Roses, The Jam, The Beatles, Pulp, Blur and many more.
Highly experienced in entertaining crowds across the UK, The New Few's professional and flexible service will help ensure your event is a total success.
The band usually play 2 x 60 minute sets but this can be split into 3 x 40 minutes if preferred.
If you have one or two particular songs which you would like The New Few to play, they are happy to learn them to make your day extra special (see booking options)!
The band can also provide an acoustic duo, perfect for relaxing intimate live sets during your drinks reception or as background entertainment during dinner (see booking options).
When the The New Few are not playing they can provide a DJ Service to keep your party atmosphere rocking between their live sets. The service includes a laptop with DJ software and hundreds of dance floor fillers, manned by a band member at all times, taking requests and making basic announcements if required. Please see booking options for more details.
What Will The Band Look Like?
The New Few are happy to tailor their look to suit your needs on the night. For corporate events they can dress formally, suited and booted and for less formal events they can dress more casually if you prefer. Just specify to your booking agent your requirements and the band will meet your needs!
About The Band
The New Few are a professional group boasting a wealth of experience in live performance, industry showcases, festivals, TV work and radio.
The band met whilst studying at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music (BIMM). All members are professional and committed to live music.
Drummer Robbie has been playing drums for 16 years, starting with rock bands in Worcestershire. After moving to Brighton he completed a degree in Music and became a full time musician and drum tutor. As well as rocking out with Shine On, Robbie also enjoys playing funk and hip-hop.
Brothers Jon and Mike both moved to Brighton in 2008 after growing up between Scotland and Canada. Mike started learning guitar at the age of 14 and has recently completed his degree course in Music. His varied musical taste includes Foo Fighters, Muse and Dire Straights. Both brothers are accomplished musicians and swap around instruments during sets as well as singing backing vocals. Jon admires a range of bass players including Nathan East (Eric Clapton) and Mo-Town's James Jameson. He has played with a wide variety of acts over the years, everything from reggae to metal. His commitment to music also saw him busking on a balcony for 8 hours.
Singer Ian has sung and played piano since the age of 6. He gave up a career in Pharmaceuticals to pursue music professionally and teaches piano locally. Ian has played piano on ITV's 'The X Factor' and has performed on TV adverts and at The Edinburgh Fringe with professional choir Blossom Street.