Based in the North of England, Mike is well known as a fantastic caricature entertainer at corporate and private functions. He can produce group shots and single portraits.
Mike Bryson's Biography
Caricature. Cartoons. Illustration. Visualisation. Animation.
Based in the North of England, Mike is well known as a fantastic caricature entertainer at corporate and private functions around the country.
As well as being a caricaturist, Mike is also a fine editorial cartoonist and illustrator. Cartoons and Caricature Illustration features for Private Eye and Punch, and the GP amongst many others. He's also an excellent children's book illustrator.
Weddings, Civil Ceromonies, balls, celebration dinners, family fun days, bahmitzvahs and birthdays; you name the occasion (well, not funerals) Mike's done his caricature stuff at it.
About Mike's Caricatures
His caricatures are lightning fast, funny, but accurate and flattering (within reason!)
Mike also does caricature commissions usually from photographs. He specialises in large corporate group caricatures. Ideal for the office or reception area.
Mike uses permanent ink directly on to white card, using a brush pen and grey toner, which dry instantly, and won't run even when you spill your lemonade on it!
*The average time for a live black and white caricature head and shoulders with grey toning is 3-4 minutes
*For a caricature with cartoon body, hobbies and interests, this takes 5 minutes
Mike also specialises in drawing large groups live!! He can even draw an entire wedding party.
For Mike to do your entire wedding breakfast scene:
* He sets up his easel and sketches the layout of the room half an hour before your guests are seated.
* He uses an A2 piece of Illustrators board to draw on.
* Once everyone is seated for the meal Mike has an hour and a half on average to wander round and sketch everybody into the picture, before speeches are made.
* He then takes back-up photographs, and returns the picture to his studio where he will ink in the entire scene.
* Mike can add colour, if required at this stage as well.
* Once the picture is finished, Mike has the facility to produce postcard sized prints for each of your guests.
*Mike then arranges for delivery and pick up of the picture.
There has been a little bit of understandable confusion about this service.
So here are a few FAQ's in advance it might help.
1. Mike cannot do this, and do individual caricatures on the day. ( Well, maybe he could fit in one or two!)
2. The maximum size of wedding party for this would have to be quite small i.e. 50 at the very most.
3. As the whole process takes a lot of planning and drawing time, Mike's rates are different from the on-the-spot entertainment work he usually does. PLease ask your agent or see the options section when Getting a Quote online.