Default lineup: 1 performer
Solo singer/guitarist with professionally recorded backing tracks.
* Experienced professional musician and live performer (15 years)
* Unique, powerful and soulful voice with impressive range
* Seasoned session guitarist adept in many styles
* Covers rock, pop, indie, funk, soul, RnB, rap & more, from 1950s to today
* Alternative acoustic set ideal for low-key or intimate settings
* Wide-ranging, versatile repertoire suitable for all party occasions
* Perfect for weddings, birthdays, corporate functions, live music venues
* Long list of satisfied clients include P&O, Versace, British Gas, HSBC, Virgin & O2.
* 5-Star recommended act with increasing number of glowing testimonials
Matthew Anthony is a live entertainer and session musician based in London, England. With a powerful, soulful voice and an impressive range, plus over twenty years honing his skills on electric guitar, Matthew has fronted and co-fronted many live outfits.
Currently performing over 150 shows a year; Matthew’s compelling live solo act is guaranteed to get every party going. It’s a potent blend of textured vocals and spellbinding guitar licks - perfect for weddings and private parties, corporate functions and live music venues alike. On stage, Matthew shines with raw talent and experience. Drawing from a truly massive repertoire of impressive electric guitar numbers and dancefloor-filling party tunes, Matthew’s sheer versatility allows him to select the perfect song for each moment of your event.
Tailoring Your Event
Since 2010 Matthew has honed his craft to produce two exciting live options:
* The Electric Set- dazzling live electric guitar & vocals to professionally recorded tracks, guaranteed to get the joint rocking! Here you’ll find rock, pop, indie, funk, soul, RnB, rap & more, from the 1950s… to this very month! Sung so you could be fooled into believing you’re hearing the real thing, with all the live guitar parts to boot.
* The Acoustic Set- full of off-the-beaten track gems and unique versions of songs you love with a dynamic, soulful approach. Matthew’s acoustic covers show features extraordinary renditions of songs by Beyonce, Kanye West, Mumford & Sons, Tracy Chapman, Paul Simon, Elton John, The Police, Shaggy, Amy Winehouse, Oasis, and many more.
With such a diverse repertoire, Matthew knows exactly how to design the ideal set list to suit your event. From your first conversation you can discuss your personal tastes, your clientele/guests and how you’d like Matthew’s music to make your event flow seamlessly… or go with a bang! You can then browse and individually request tracks from his list, give a general theme or direction, or allow Matthew to use his wealth of on-stage experience to judge the mood and crowd for every step of your event, including background music before, after, and between his live sets.
The Man Behind the Music
Matthew Anthony graduated from the University of Leeds in 2004 with a BA in Popular & World Musics. Before that he sang, played and composed with several original acts - from punk rock and metal bands to West African ensembles.
Matthew cut his professional teeth playing lead guitar onboard P&O’s Ocean Village, touring the Med and Caribbean. As well as nightly House band slots, he’d support at least three visiting acts each week – including tributes to the Blues Brothers, Queen and Robbie, originals Bucks Fizz and The Supremes – not to mention frequent acoustic and jazz sets, and full-blown rock’n’roll crew gigs below deck.
In 2005 Matthew began touring the UK and Europe extensively with Vogue Madonna, playing regularly to over 10,000 at Liverpool's Mathew Street and Glastonbudget festivals, as well as 5,000+ audiences in Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Poland and Portugal. Now pursuing successful independent musical careers, the line-up still perform internationally as The American Divas.
Previous venues & clients
Career highlights stretch from Mathew St in Liverpool, Glastonbudget and The Sage in Gateshead, to countless European festivals including the fabulous Opera Lesna in Poland. Matthew’s solo act has been booked at Edgbaston Stadium, White Hart Lane Tottenham, Westfield London and numerous impressive wedding venues up and down the country. Previous corporate clients include O2 Telefonica, P&O, Gala Coral, Microsoft, Versace, Boots, BG Group (British Gas), HSBC & Virgin. Matthew is a firm favourite at Battersea’s notorious pizzeria Bunga Bunga (aka “The Englishman’s Italian”) – as featured in the Telegraph, Independent and Sunday Times – and performs weekly at live music venues in and around London.