Line up: Solo Harpist
* Internationally-recognised and Alive Network favourite Branka Crowder is an elegant addition to any event
* Repertoire includes Classical to Latin to Welsh Irish and Scottish music plus Jazz and Esy Listening!
* Many corporate and wedding packages available to fit in with your day and ensure a smooth-running event
* Excellent credentials from winning 3rd place in the International Harp Competition in 2006 to performing for the Thai Royal Family!
* Available in the North Midlands and parts of Wales
Branka was born in Montenegro and grew up in Belgrade Serbia where she began studying the harp when she was eight.
During and after the studies she was already working professionally as the principal harpist of the National Opera and Ballet Orchestra of Novi Sad and Belgrade. Branka has given numerous solo performances as well as live and recorded appearances for the Serbian Radio and Television.
After graduation from the Academy of Music in Belgrade where she studied with Prof. Ljiljana Nestorovska and Prof. Milica Baric she then continued her studies in the UK.
Branka spent a year at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester, with Frank Sternefeld, and then completed her Postgraduate studies with Distinction at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff, studying with Caryl Thomas.
Whilst living in Wales, Branka often performed for the Welsh Assembly and played the Celtic harp for the arrival of Irish President Mary McAleese.
After her studies Branka spent over a year teaching and performing in Bangkok, as a resident teacher of the very first harp school in Thailand, Tamnak Prathom Harp Centre.
While living in Bangkok, Branka had the great privilege to perform for HRH Queen Sirikit and other members of Thailand’s Royal family.
In addition to numerous solo appearances, she performed Debussy Danses with Bangkok Symphony Orchestra for the gala opening of "La Fete",Festival of French music and arts.
She also played at the prestigious Royal Ceremony celebrating the birth of the son of HRH Crown Prince of Thailand.
Branka is now living on the Wirral where she continues her career as a freelance musician.
In April 2006, she won the 3rd prize at the International Folk Harp Competition in Caernarfon, and has been invited to play at the Serbian Harp Festival in Belgrade, and European Harp Symposium in Cardiff, in 2007.
Having Branka play her harp will create a charming and relaxing ambience for your special event.
Branka’s harp can be played as background entertainment or ‘on stage’ feature.
The harp is suitable for small gatherings, large receptions, indoors, outdoors...with the possibility of the instrument moving to various locations during an event if necessary.
As an experienced musician Branka provides a delightful and captivating repertoire to suit any occasion.
You can book Branka for:
Anniversaries & Private Parties
Hotels, Restaurants, Resorts
Country & Golf Clubs
Community, Fund Raisers & Charity Events
The lovely sound of the harp combined with the visual beauty of the instrument, creates the wonderful atmosphere for your wedding, whether a large extravagant event, or a simple affair.
The following explains the places where you need the music during the ceremony.
* Prelude~ gentle music is played while friends and family are arriving and being seated.
* Processional~ the processional music is played for the bride and the wedding party. The bride often chooses the music she wishes to accompany her down the aisle.
The pieces that make the best processionals are those that can be performed at a walking tempo and that can be ended at various points during the performance.
* Signing the register~ pleasant music is played while guests are waiting for the formalities to be completed and for the couple to be announced as husband and wife.
* Recessional~ music as the married couple walk back down the aisle at the end of the service. The music is upbeat and celebratory.
The Wedding ceremony usually lasts from one hour, to one hour and a half. Branka will be happy to help you choose the music for your special day.
You can also book Branka for Drinks reception and Wedding breakfast.
**Please note that Branka Crowder is available UK wide, but for any events more than 75 miles away she must be booked for 3 or more hours