Default lineup: 3 members
3 Piece- Vocals + keyboard, double bass, drums.
*Larger line ups with Saxophone, Trumpet and Guitar also available (please see booking options).
* One of the country's best and coolest young Jazz bands!
* Cool, intimate and classy - from Old Favourites like Cole Porter and the Beatles to modern artists like Michael Buble!
* Have performed for the likes of Sir Paul McCartney & Yoko Ono and performed with Natasha Hamilton (Atomic Kitten) and the Zutons!
* Larger line ups available with the addition of Saxophone, Trumpet and Guitar
* Requests considered FREE of charge (up to 3 songs)!
* Self contained with PA system as standard!
* Available UK wide!
From Frank Sinatra to Nat King Cole, Elvis Presley and The Beatles, the Bobby Swing Band's funky contemporary arrangements breathe a whole new life into some of the favourite moments in pop music.
Jazz has become relevant and cool again to a whole new generation since the advent of the likes of Jamie Cullum and the Bobby Swing Band are surfing the same wave keeping alive the jazz flame with a tender passion for the music they love.
Meet The Band
The Bobby Swing Band is a 3 piece as standard. The line up includes Vocals/Keyboard, Double Bass & Drums.
The band is led by Bobby Stringer an excellent young New York-trained jazz pianist with a sweet soulful voice to match. Bobby has worked as a session keyboard player for The Australian Pink Floyd Show, Candie Payne, Natasha Hamilton (Atomic Kitten) and Colin Vearncombe. He has also performed as guest keyboardist with The Zutons, whilst also having played keyboards with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra at the Echo Arena in Liverpool. He has toured extensively in Europe, Japan and North America.
Bobby's apperances include Later with Jools Holland, BBC Radio 2, Jonathan Ross show and Mark Lamarr show.
Another highlight in Bobby's career was performing for Stella McCartney’s 08 Fashion Show to an audience including Sir Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono, Olivia Harrison and Sir George Martin all seated in the front row!
The Bobby Swing Band see Bobby Stringer backed by a tight and swinging rhythm section you could only dream about:
On double bass Hugo Piers Rigg Harrison – you understand why he’s known as plain old Harry to his mates – lets his funky fingers do the talking. On drums German-born Tilo is a white hot student of the great US percussionist Keith Copeland who has created a unique style all his own.
If you require a larger line up, the Bobby Swing Band can include the addition of Saxophone, Trumpet and Guitar. Please see booking options or speak to an Alive Network booking agent for more details.
Previous Clients Include:
Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
Formby Hall Golf Club
Dirk Kuyt Liverpool FC
Stoke City Football Club
Vincent Hotel Southport
Zeligs restaurant Liverpool - resident house band every Friday / Saturday
Mersey Partnerships Tourism Awards
International Cotton Traders Annual Ceremony
- Advertised prices do not include lighting.
- Due to availability or illness, deputy musicians of a high professional standard may sometimes be used.